It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Monday, July 04, 2005

"I Can't Believe We Paid To See A Band Featuring Calista Flockhart, Steve Guttenberg and Farty The Crippled Robot!"

Fight the Power! I never thought I'd see the day that South Park would be shown on network TV! But starting this Fall, they'll be showing it on the duba-duba-WB, which I think technically qualifies as a network...barely.

It's so refreshing to see this! Ever since that stupid Super Bowl halftime show, where everyone freaked out over something no one actually saw, things have been slanting a little pious in the world of broadcast media censorship; Congress had even threatened to look into having FCC rules apply to pay TV...here's another abbreviation...WTF?!? I can't watch the shows I'm shelling out over $50 a month for?

And speaking of that halftime show, as I was in a disjointed sort of way, did everyone notice who got the heat for that? The black woman, of course. It certainly couldn't have been the fault of the white boy who tore her shirt off! No, once again the white male gets off pretty lightly, all things considered...it's called institutional racism; anyone with empathy can see it.

And on another topic, yet still related to the Super Bowl halftime show, what kind of loser watches that? That's the time for potty breaks, stretching the legs, getting more food and drink, beating your loved ones...stuff like that. I do have to admit the show with U2 after 9/11 was actually very well done, and I loved it when Ashlee Simpson got booed. I could watch that every day!

Anyways, yay! Satire lives on network TV, which is all I have now (see previous posts for more info)(I'll stop mentioning it soon, I swear). The forces of boredom and somberness have been defeated, if only for a brief moment. Celebrate! Say "Fuck-fuckity-fuck-fuck" to someone you love today!

Peace-oot!
p.s. Above is the only Simpson's quote there is regarding South Park, so that's what you get.

4 Comments:

  • See, I told you it would all work out. Now they just need to start showing Adventure Bros, Home Movies and The Daily Show- that's all I need.

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Tue Jul 05, 03:24:00 PM 2005  

  • Bob, what was this all about?

    Also, I think when you start a sentence with it, it's "IPod," otherwise it's "iPod." But never "ipod."

    By Blogger ORF, at Wed Jul 06, 12:51:00 PM 2005  

  • i am scared that if i admit this you will stop being my friend, but i dont watch south park....i am aware tho that there is a lot of swearing on it, so how is it making network tv???

    By Blogger Randi@SowderingAbout, at Thu Jul 07, 03:57:00 PM 2005  

  • Bleep and snip, bleep and snip. And the cumulative time accrued from all those snips will go into quickie promos for other WB shows. Trust me on this one: South Park is not going to go forth from WB-land intact.

    By Blogger Grace Nearing, at Sat Jul 09, 01:49:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home