It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Friday, March 02, 2007

"Woo Hoo! Four Day Weekend!"

Ah, Snow Day...are there two words more sweet in the English language (with the possible exception of de-fault)? I've never heard of school days being canceled due to a "Hot Day"...and even if that did happen, I'm sure kids didn't run outside, eyes wide with wonderment, to frolic in the heat. And did you know that the Eskimoes have over 100 words for "snow day"? It's (probably) true!

I'm off to go eat some snow. It's chock-full of vitamins and minerals, especially the yellow kind...although, I must admit, it is an acquired taste. Hope wherever you are, the weather is making you experience child-like giddiness.

4 Comments:

  • "I've never heard of school days being canceled due to a "Hot Day"...and even if that did happen, I'm sure kids didn't run outside, eyes wide with wonderment, to frolic in the heat."

    HA!!!

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Fri Mar 02, 11:44:00 PM 2007  

  • Everything in this post speaks to my frosty nature!

    (BTW, sylvana, I can't comment in your blog unless you allow comments from non-blogger accounts. Just so you know I'm reading at least.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Mar 03, 06:20:00 AM 2007  

  • Ag, I heard you were having problems. I have been considering it.

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Sat Mar 03, 06:26:00 PM 2007  

  • you know, come down South sometime. We had a/c at my school, but there were some in my hometown that did NOT and so they would let the kids out early or not make them come at all due to heat warnings. It wasn't common, but it DID happen. That's why schools start in August down here, so they aren't in session in June...too hot!

    By Blogger ORF, at Sat Mar 03, 08:51:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home