It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hey Guys...I'm Lookin' For Amanda Hugginkiss...Oh, Why Can't I Find Amanda Hugginkiss?!?"

I thought that I'd do something totally original in this post...go somewhere where no one had gone, and I didn't care whose toes I would step on.

Then I found it too hard and decided to write about cell phones and the people who love them.

**cough**

So the other day, I saw two young metrosexuals walking down the street, each talking on a cell phone. Am I the only one who assumes that if you see two people walking with each other, each with a phone to their ear, that they obviously must be talking to each other? Not that I'd blame them; when Sy and I first got our phones, we'd call each other from different rooms in the house. Hey, if we don't use those free minutes, we lose 'em! And yes, we are freaks.

Speaking of cell phones and freaks, we saw the strangest thing this weekend. Sy and I and JD went bowling (we've got to keep in top physical condition now that we're in a league), and there was a woman talking on her cell phone while she was bowling. No, not while sitting and waiting for her turn; actually during the approach and roll...weird!

8 Comments:

  • OK, so that's my favorite Mo crank call of all time.

    The next line is Barney, who says,
    "Maybe your standards are too high."

    Awesome.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at Wed Jan 24, 09:46:00 AM 2007  

  • I love your simpsons quotes.

    Oh, I'm addicted to texting now. I used to hate it, but it's so much fun!

    By Blogger Evil Spock, at Wed Jan 24, 03:22:00 PM 2007  

  • shamus- I love drunk Barney!

    evil spock- I mock you for texting, but only becuase I know how easily I could get hooked on it if I started.

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Wed Jan 24, 05:23:00 PM 2007  

  • I mean, I like talking to friends, but don't like anyone THAT much. While bowling? Weirdo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jan 25, 04:26:00 PM 2007  

  • She was missing the whole zen of bowling thing!

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Fri Jan 26, 07:31:00 AM 2007  

  • I believe I've been waiting for you to use that quote since the moment I started reading your blog.

    I hate texting because I always insist on spelling out the words and putting apostrophes in my contractions. It's a pain in the ass.

    By Blogger Shannon, at Fri Jan 26, 10:33:00 PM 2007  

  • ag- I never point at people, because it's rude. But I had to point at her to show Sy.

    sy- she didn't even breathe or pat the ball! What is that?

    shannon- I as well refuse to "textspeak" (except for 'BTW', for soem reason). When I saw those messages from Mark Foley, I think I was a little more offended by his liberal use of 'L8R's and 'G2G's than the actual sexual harrassment.

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Sat Jan 27, 08:49:00 PM 2007  

  • Where WON'T people take their phones? In the building in which I used to work, I was using the bathroom once, and the woman in the stall next to me was chatting away merrily about ridiculous stuff. I can safely say that the bathroom is one room you NEVER need to use the phone in. Unless you're currently having a heart attack and dialing 911. That is the ONLY exception!!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at Mon Jan 29, 10:11:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home