It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Monday, May 15, 2006

"Hand Me My Patching Trowel, Boy!"

We spent Mother's Day installing a bathroom exhaust fan and related ducting, working as a family, just like every mother dreams of doing on her special day. It was a great weekend full of laughter and swearing and fetching things. With this project finished (well, almost finished, at any rate), I think that Sy and I have now completed enough work that it should qualify us for a degree in Half-Assal Engineering.

What did you guys do for mommy?

7 Comments:

  • My two brothers and I headed out to my parents' place, where we proceeded to BBQ steak and potatoes, and watched the first period of the Oilers game. We also put together a wrought-iron-looking outdoor fireplace. So we did some half-assed engineering, but not enough for a degree. In fact, I think my youngest brother just audited.

    By Blogger The Doc, at Mon May 15, 07:41:00 PM 2006  

  • Mothers Day? Cripes, it was just Valentines Day! Sometimes I think they just MAKE holidays up.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at Tue May 16, 07:12:00 AM 2006  

  • I didn't blame her for all of my problems.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue May 16, 05:35:00 PM 2006  

  • I called her and woke her up from a nap. I'm special, Mommy!

    In other news, Norbizness is running a contest to see who can come up with the best cartoon reference to describe the Bush administration. Bring it, SSB.

    By Blogger Otto Man, at Thu May 18, 07:32:00 AM 2006  

  • doc-I can't describe how much I love it when hockey teams from the north beat teams from the south.

    drmax-yeah...that's what I assumed it was for...

    shamus-maybe next they'll have Mistress's Day.

    ag-Is it all your dad's fault?

    elizabeth-I think books make the best gifts.

    otto man- Thanks for the heads up...I'll post something posthaste.

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Thu May 18, 08:48:00 AM 2006  

  • SSB- It's yours.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu May 18, 01:14:00 PM 2006  

  • ag- Well played!

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Thu May 18, 07:45:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home