It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Monday, May 08, 2006

"D'oh!"

!DISCLAIMER!
>This post was entered not because I have anything important or relevant or amusing to say, but was rather constructed out of a deep sense of guilt for not having posted for nearly a week. Please take a moment to lower the bar for me...

...thank you.<



Man, the last couple of seasons have really been subpar, and I think I've figured out at least part of the problem:

Homer doesn't say "d'oh!" anymore. He just whines and moans, and it is *SO EFFING ANNOYING*!

Part of what made the Simpsons so great in the past was the great sense of timing it displayed. It moved fast, you had to pay attention, and you often missed one joke because you were laughing at the previous one. But Homer's groans just drag on these days, seemingly for eternities, acting like speedbumps for this once fast-paced comedy.

I could go on and on here, but I'm pressed for time. I've got to get a website up and fully functional and *fabulous!* by Wednesday afternoon, and man, all this computer hacking is making me thirsty...and where's my Tab?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home