It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Monday, April 03, 2006

"Oooo..Sugar In The Gas Tank. Your Ex-Husband Strikes Again!"

Last night I went to bed around 11 o'clock or so, only to wake at 2:15. I trudged downstairs to the WC, then trudged back up, fully aware that no way no how was I going to fall asleep again. I layed there for a bout half an hour before I gave up and went downstairs to do a little homework and watch a little TV, finally returning to my slumber at aroung 4:45.

At 5:00, JD's alarm goes off. I don't know why he sets it that early, seeing as he doesn't leave for school until about ten to 7. And left to his own devices, an alarm going off at full, ear-splitting volume won't wake him until it has been going off for at least half an hour, so I hd to get up to give him a shake to wake him up. Eventually, I stumble back to bed and fall asleep at about 5:10, where I blissfully sleep until my alarm goes off at 7:15.

I get downstairs at about 7:20, and right away I see Sy is running late. I finish getting dresed and got her coat, purse and coffee mug ready for her, and we dash out the door at 7:29, one minute before she's supposed to be at work. We rush to the car, get buckled in, and turn the key and.....nothing. WTF? The engine didn't turn over, the starter wasn't even clicking. But the radio and lights worked.

So Sy, already running late, had to walk to work. I made sure the wires were connected and dry, and checked the fuses, but they were all fine. So, that pretty much covered my limited knowledge set of the workings of the internal combustion engine. Eventually I had to get it towed down to the local garage. Hopefully, it'll be ready to go tomorrow afternoon. Good thing Sy's and my jobs are in walking distance and my school schedule is flexible.

Was it sugar in the gas tank? I don't know...I don't know.



But yeah, I think so.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home