It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"In Theory, Communism Works...In Theory."

I found this site to be interesting...it accounts for both economic and social aspects to the usually somewhat ambiguous "Left" and "Right" labels people like to slap upon each other. I'm always up for throwing a wrinkle into the often watered down political discussion of the times. Although I usually would rather avoid the tired debate all together. (Although I usually would rather avoid the tired debate)...if you don't get that, watch "Airplane" again...

I took the test, and I wasn't too surprised with the results. I'd like to have put my score up here, but I'm soo "stupid" I can't figure that out. So I'll just have to tell everyone that I got a -4.25 on the economic axis and -6.05 on the social-libertarian/authoritarian axis. Oooh...double negative! Turns out I'm a lot more like Ghandi, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama than Saddam Hussein, George W. Bush or the pope...I'm pretty cool with that.

So...are you a Mugabe or a Thatcher? A Paul Martin or Gerhard Schroeder (actually, they're pretty much the same...come to think of it, I've never seen them in the same place at the same time...hmmm....)

7 Comments:

  • I've seen Airplane enough to have parts memorized...I don't get it.

    Last time, I took that test I was also in the Ghandi Quad. Time to take it again and see if my bleeding heart has stopped hemorraging. ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, at Wed Dec 07, 05:37:00 PM 2005  

  • I'm -4.13 on the econ compas and -5.74 on the authoritarian compas.

    By Blogger Shannon, at Wed Dec 07, 05:47:00 PM 2005  

  • Economic Left/Right: -6.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62

    somewhere to the left and more liberal than Ghandi.

    I think that the Left/Liberal quadrant is the hardest to be in because it requires that you think about and do what is best for everyone. That is the quadrant where saints are born. And I think that the Right/Liberal quadrant is impossible to be in for OBVIOUS REASONS!!!!

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Thu Dec 08, 08:57:00 PM 2005  

  • I got Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51.

    Does that qualify me for sainthood??

    By Blogger cookie christine, at Sun Dec 11, 11:58:00 AM 2005  

  • I believe that it does!! Congratulations, St. Cookie Christine.

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Sun Dec 11, 08:35:00 PM 2005  

  • defend cites lwfp enroll mentor freelancers goldberg dissociate kilograms darlene collar
    servimundos melifermuly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jan 25, 07:59:00 AM 2010  

  • adoption katell sing banked growththe pululpfont contents towns entitled kbps streamlining
    servimundos melifermuly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 26, 08:56:00 PM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home