It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Uhh, Can You Help Me With My Thumbs?"

Sy and I were watching This Old House tonight. There was a portion of the show where they were showing how to repair a wheelbarrow wheel. Apparently, the trick is to expand the hole, then heat it up with a soldering iron or something, then stick in a sticky rubber/tar plug.

They went in for a close-up shot of the process, at which point simultaneous wails of disgust and revulsion echoed through our home. As the shot came in tight so we could see everything, we could see that the dude doing the tire repair had apparently damn near ripped his damn thumbnail off earlier...they should really warn you before showing that stuff. Same deal with that damn thing shilling for the anti-toenail fungus medication, where he actually lifts the nail off the toe. What sick bastard came up with that?

From now on, how about if we leave fingernail carnage to the folks at Gitmo, where at least, thank God, there are no cameras to capture the revulsion.

5 Comments:

  • ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    yeah, that anti-fungal medicine commercial FREAKS ME OUT! EW! DON'T LIFT...THE...NAIL...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

    By Blogger evilsciencechick, at Fri Nov 11, 10:34:00 PM 2005  

  • I hate that commercial!! My dad had a toenail fall off from fungus and he played a sick practical joke on me and my sister, putting the nail in my sister's purse. It fell out of her planner while she was paying for an item and I almost threw up on the counter. I think of that unpleasant incident everytime I see that stupid gremlin playing house under that nailbed. So freaking sick...

    By Blogger Maria, at Sat Nov 12, 12:14:00 PM 2005  

  • I cannot STAND that lamicil ad. So effing gross!

    By Blogger ORF, at Mon Nov 14, 10:14:00 AM 2005  

  • Oh, my fingernails suddenly got all twingy and sympathetic while reading your post...aaarrghhhh. :p

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at Wed Nov 16, 10:35:00 AM 2005  

  • Along these lines, how about if CSI starts leaving out their seemingly obligatory VOMIT scenes of late? It's despicable I tell ya.

    By Blogger Weary Hag, at Thu Nov 17, 05:00:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home