It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Thursday, November 10, 2005

"I Bet No One's Ever Written A Novel About Whaling!"

Ugh...I just can't find anything entertaining in the least to post. Now that my time has been freed up, I've sunk into this sort of blogatory malaise.

And I've come to the conclusion that irony is much better appreciated from a distance.

Anyways, seeing as it's National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, I've decided to take a stab at that, at least until something shiny and/or noisy catches my attention. Now all's I needs is a story...maybe something about whaling, or a guy who looks after a hotel in the mountains and eventually goes crazy and tries to kill his family, or maybe something about the lives of people during Russia's war with Napoleon. I don't know...I'll figure something out.

Probably.

3 Comments:

  • Start out with short stories and work your way up. You might stumble upona story that is too big for shortness.

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Thu Nov 10, 08:32:00 PM 2005  

  • You're both funny. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Nov 11, 05:09:00 AM 2005  

  • You better start soon- word on the street is that next month is writing novels is for big pussies month (wrinoisfobipusmo).

    Just kidding. Seriously, good luck! You certainly have the talent and the time. I have a couple of "aspiring writer" friends who say to start with what you know best. So whaling should be write up your alley. ER, right up your...you know.

    By Blogger Shannon, at Fri Nov 11, 10:26:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home