It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Thursday, June 01, 2006

"And Now, The Man Who Puts Young People Behind Bars, Where They Belong...TV's Matlock!"

Today is Andy Griffith's birfday! I'm actually watching Matlock right now, so if this post reads a little incoherently, that's why. This stuff is riveting!

Oh Snap! The late, great Don Knotts just made a cameo appearance!

I think one of my favorite parts of this show, aside from the cutting edge 80's fashion, the hackneyed dialogue ("I believe that this one of the best hot dogs I've ever put in my mouth!") and the way the judge just belittled the lawyer with a speech impediment, is the way Matlock sends his African American friend to break into various offices and warehouses, or commit other acts of dubious legality.

I also like that they never seem to run out of ways to get cherry pie splattered all over his white, Southern lawyer suit.

Now, I'm no fancy, big-city lawyer, but I do declare that I'd like to wish Matlock a happy birthday, and many more!

7 Comments:

  • I love that man. I never watched Matlock, though. I like my TV men to be pre 1960.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jun 01, 03:45:00 PM 2006  

  • I've also never seen Matlock. He was a staple for my parents in the 80s though.

    By Blogger Shannon, at Fri Jun 02, 10:49:00 AM 2006  

  • "I believe that this one of the best hot dogs I've ever put in my mouth!"

    Anyone else disturbed by the "in my mouth" qualifier there? Seems to imply that Matlock's been shoving beef franks in other orifices as well.

    By Blogger Otto Man, at Sat Jun 03, 08:19:00 AM 2006  

  • I always thought Matlock was a hack. His motions lacked creativity, and his courtroom presentations relied on the witness to incriminate himself!

    No, I prefer to stick to my man, Lionel Hutz.

    “I Can't Believe It's a Law Firm!”

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at Sat Jun 03, 09:10:00 AM 2006  

  • ag-I'm an Aunt Bea man...always have benn, always will be.

    shannon-ha ha! You're aprents are old!

    otto man- Matlock said taht not once, not twice, but thrice in the episode I was watching; twice to the lady running the hot dog stand, and once the the black dude he hangs with.

    shamus-I like how all the prosecution attorneys were sick the day that they covered "Objection!" in law school.

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Sat Jun 03, 10:23:00 PM 2006  

  • Aunt Bee is America's Aunt, indeed. I even have "Aunt Bee's COokbook."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jun 04, 08:10:00 AM 2006  

  • otto man- Matlock said taht not once, not twice, but thrice in the episode I was watching; twice to the lady running the hot dog stand, and once the the black dude he hangs with.

    Was the second time meant as a come-on? Or a dare?

    By Blogger Otto Man, at Mon Jun 05, 07:44:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home