It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"Peace Pipe Aficionado: What Your Endfeather Says About You."

As a dude, I enjoy wearing sports jerseys. I remember as a kid, running to the tree every Christmas morning, hoping to find a Steelers jersey. And I remember being disappointed year after year. The best I got was a T-shirt that said "Steelers". It was bright yellow and ugly, but I still wore it more days than not.

Then when I was twelve, I finally got my jersey. Not like a real one or anything (it was Sears and Roebuck special), but it looked sort of real. It was number 32, Franco Harris. I loved that thing!

Now that I have the means to buy my own damn clothing, I own several jerseys. I am cheap though, and I've only gotten one that wasn't at least 50% off retail. I'm relaying all this information as a backdrop to my current dilemma...

A couple months ago, we were in a second-hand shop and I came across a baseball jersey. I checked the price tag: $5!!! It was in mint condition and would normally sell for around 60 bucks, so I couldn't pass it up. There is one wee problem...it's a Cleveland Indians jersey...with Chief Wahoo's mug


right there on my chest. Probably the second most racist team monkier in all of American professional sports, after the Redskins.

Now, I'm down with the cause, but I really like my jersey! What to do ....WHAT TO DO??? Maybe if I wear it with my "Kill Whitey" hat?

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home