It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Ah, The Luftwaffe...The Washington Generals Of The History Channel."

Mmmm...Luftwaffles....uh, sorry, where was I?

We went up north to visit Sylvana's parents last weekend. I love going up north because that means big feasts and cable television and beautiful scenery. And cable television...did I mention that we don't have cable anymore? In general, I think it was a sound decision to cut the cable, both financially and in terms of quality of life. We no longer laze around on the couch for hours watching unadulterated crap.

But sometimes I miss my cable...

On Saturday night I watched the History Channel, great stuff on the history of the US space program. Then there was some stuff on the history of prophets, from the Oracle at Delphi to Edgar Cayce. And, of course, the obligatory footage of Nazis getting their comeuppance. Oh, I was in nerd heaven!

3 Comments:

  • Where is "up north?" I didn't think it got any more north than where you guys live. What wrong, is it not cold enough in Wisconsin for ya?

    By Blogger cookie christine, at Mon Jan 30, 08:30:00 PM 2006  

  • You find the best Simpson quotes. It's like they have a funny line about everything.

    That's because they do.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at Mon Jan 30, 08:44:00 PM 2006  

  • As a matter of fact, Christine, no it is not cold enough for me here in west-central Wisconsin...last week it was 50 effing degrees...all our snow has melted. Sucks!!!

    Shamus, this one is one of my favorite quotes...I actually say it out loud every time I see a German plane come on the screen. Kind of sad when you think about it. Fortunately, I don't think about it much.

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Tue Jan 31, 08:52:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home