It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Saturday, December 24, 2005

"Christmas Is A Time When People Of All Religions Come Together To Worship Jesus Christ."

Happy Christmas, everybody!!! I'm actually Buddhist, not Christian, but luckily for me, I realize that the world doesn't revolve around my faith, that there's room in my life for the traditions of many cultures, and I won't get all offended just because not everbody celebrates my holiday.

The last two days here in Wisconsin have been warm and foggy and fug-slushy...all the snow we had accumulated in the past few weeks is melting at an alarming rate, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that there will still be a white, rather than brown, ground tomorrow morning. I love Christmas, what with all the good will and warm-fuzzies and all the pretty lights, but it just feels a little bit off without some snow on the ground...

Hope you all get everything you need this Christmas, and that your family gatherings don't end in tears and the filing of police reports. Don't forget to relax and have fun and play nice. And please, just rip open the damn wrapping paper...we aren't going to save it to use next year...sheesh!!!

7 Comments:

  • But the filing of police reports is long tradition in my family!!

    By Blogger Sylvana, at Sun Dec 25, 11:58:00 AM 2005  

  • I don't believe in Jesus Christ either or in any God actually and still, I celebrate X-mas. Pretty silly, huh, but I am always open for other religions. I am especially interested in Judaism. Well, I wish you the merriest X-mas, Bob, and everyone who is dear to you as well.

    By Blogger Astrid, at Mon Dec 26, 05:32:00 AM 2005  

  • Snow?

    By Blogger Shannon, at Mon Dec 26, 11:46:00 AM 2005  

  • We save our wrapping paper. It's always fun to read the comics a year later.

    Except Ziggy! He stinks.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at Mon Dec 26, 07:57:00 PM 2005  

  • I do think it rude to file a police report against family on Christmas. Always wait until the next day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 27, 08:34:00 AM 2005  

  • Haha .. I just read your comment about my Blog. I mean when you stand on my URL some phrase appears (how the hell did you do that anyhow? That is so cool!), but I am not even aware of the fact that I have so many males blog-stalking me? I don't even pose in my underwear or distribute free beer. I should though (talking about the beer). Will you bring the opener?

    By Blogger Astrid, at Thu Jan 05, 09:55:00 AM 2006  

  • Astrid, I have no clue how I did that...I think it's something that Blogrolling does. You just type in a description when adding a link to your blogroll and presto!

    shannon- snow is god's way of keeping the sissies out of the north.

    ag- this very etiquette issue has driven a wedge between the Landers/Van Buren family. It's sad, really.

    shamus- for crissakes, isn't Tom Wilson dead yet?!?!

    By Blogger Isaac Carmichael, at Thu Jan 05, 11:14:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home