It All Comes Back To The Simpsons

Thursday, March 03, 2005

If something is hard to do, it's not worth doing

It is a wonder that this blog came to fruition, as the first time I tried to create it I was unable to. For some reason the Blogger home page didn't display the orange "create new blog now" arrow. I don't know if this is due to the fact I was using a mac instead of a pc, or perhaps I have a computer that feels that it is a pc trapped in the body of a mac, and I was just dealing with a teensy bit of the baggage that a conflict like that is bound to present. Fortunately, my wife goes both ways, in a computer-ish sort of way, so I started it up on her pc, and am now able to do my remaining junk on my mac. Anyone else have this problem, or is it the identity crisis thing?

I started this blog to prove a thesis...that every situation, no matter how serious or inane or whatever else, can all be brought back to a susinct focus with a quote or visual scene from the Only Meaningful Thing Fox Has Ever Done. My head was buzzing with ideas like bees in a muffler as I envisioned this blog, but now the promise of it all seems to be receeding rapidly. But I'll just push onward and take comfort in the fact that millions of people put their basically retarded views on life on display for all to see in their blogs, and now I am one of those people.

And so I'll conclude this post with a little thing I'll call "The Simpsons Quote of the Day" (which will no doubt rapidly devolve into Quote of the Week or Month. But I promise I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't get past Quote of the Fortnight). So, here goes:
"If something is hard to do, it's not worth doing."

For more information on the episode of origin for this quote, send $1 to:
Happy Dude
742 Evergreen Terr.
Springfield, blahblahblah

3 Comments:

  • Hello, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i came
    to “return the favor”.I'm trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    Here is my web blog: individual reputation management

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue May 21, 02:04:00 AM 2013  

  • Thanks , I've recently been looking for information about this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I have came upon so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the source?

    Have a look at my page Lloyd Irvin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jun 07, 06:40:00 AM 2013  

  • Hello, Neаt post. Τhere іs аn issue wіth уour wеb ѕіte in internet eхplorer, may tеst this?

    IE ѕtill is the mагket leaԁer and a gοоԁ pогtіon οf folkѕ wіll miss уour excellent writing because оf this problem.


    Mу web ρage; reputation management

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jun 07, 09:26:00 AM 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home